How we can help
We offer a referral service to member organisations whereby we will promote their volunteer opportunities to potential volunteers.
Membership also provides information and support on volunteer management and a reular program of networking and training opportunities for Volunteer Managers.
Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc can also create training sessions to meet the needs of your organisation and deliver them at a time and location to suit your group, on a fee for service basis. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (08) 8326 0020.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- People interested in volunteering are interviewed by Southern Volunteering and have the opportunity to select positions of interest to them. Your volunteer position(s) will form part of the range available
- Upload of your volunteering position(s) to a variety of online portals including the GoVolunteer and SEEK websites
- Opportunity to market volunteer positions and events through a variety of SVSA media sources e.g. Facebook page, radio presentations, printed media etc.
- Registration on the Centrelink database of organisations approved for volunteer referral
- Assistance with volunteering queries including documenting volunteer positions
- New members offered a 1 hour information session with one of our qualified staff
- Discount on training sessions. Southern Volunteering offers both low cost and fee for service training for volunteers and Volunteer Managers
- Voting rights at the Southern Volunteering Annual General Meeting
- Invitation to free Introduction To Volunteering sessions
- Invitation to Southern Area Volunteering Information (SAVI) network which meets quarterly to support volunteer managers through information sharing, guest speakers and networking opportunities
- Inclusion on our email distribution list for information on training, events, funding, research
- Member invitations and discounts to special events
- Access to staff from Southern Volunteering SA Inc who can be booked as speakers for presentations, volunteer events or Annual General Meetings
How does my organisation become a member?
- Be a not-for-profit organisation
- Nominate one person who is responsible for managing volunteers
- Only offer positions to volunteers which are complementing not replacing the work carried out by paid staff
- Complete the Organisation Membership Application Form and associated Volunteer Position Form
- Submit your completed forms to Southern Volunteering. All new membership applications are approved by the Southern Volunteering Board of Management who meet on a monthly basis. You will be informed in writing of the outcome and invoiced for associated fee(s)
**ALL MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR THE 2020-2021 FINANCIAL YEAR HAVE BEEN WAIVED IN RECOGNITION OF THE CHALLENGES ORGANISATIONS ARE FACING DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. MEMBERSHIP IS FREE OF CHARGE FOR THE 2020-2021 FINANCIAL YEAR**
|Type of organisation||Fee (GST inc.)||Further information|
|Not-for-profit organisation (volunteer led)||$20 per year||Volunteer led means the organisation on the whole is led by volunteers with no paid staff or less than 1FTE involved in volunteer activities or management.|
|Not-for-profit organisation||$90 per year
Multi site rate $65 per year
|Agency with multiple sites/programs can either;
a) Register each site at the reduced rate thereby enabling full membership benefits to each site.
b) Nominate one site for membership. This option would preclude full membership benefits being available to all other sites/programs and their staff
|Government agency||$100 per year
Multi site rate $75 per year
Complete the Organisation Membership Application Form. If you have any questions, please contact Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc on 08 8326 0020.
You will be advised in writing of confirmation of membership following acceptance by the Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc Board of Management.
Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc is committed to its policy of safeguarding volunteer and membership information. Details such as address, phone number and insurance policy numbers are collected for the purposes of ensuring appropriate services are provided to members and remain with Southern Volunteering (SA) Inc.
Southern Area Volunteering Information (SAVI) Network Meetings
Volunteer Managers and Coordinators, whether paid or unpaid, are invited to attend SAVI meetings held quarterly throughout the year. These meetings provide a valuable opportunity for Managers and Coordinators to network with their peers, share best practice and discuss relevant issues related to volunteers and volunteering. A component of the meetings consists of professional development for Volunteer Managers and Coordinators as well as general information. There is no charge to attend these meetings. All meetings are held online using the Zoom platform. For further details on upcoming meetings please email email@example.com
49B Beach Road
Christies Beach SA 5165
Tel: (08) 8326 0020
Monday by appointment only
Tuesday to Thursday 9am to 4pm
FLEURIEU PENINSULA OFFICE
Unit 1, 44 Torrens Street
Victor Harbor SA 5211
Tel: (08) 8552 7858
Tuesday & Thursday 10am to 1pm